Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sunday Walk

Hola!


Sunday, Sunday, a day to get out and look at new foreign pretty sights. You see, I was still rather jovial walking around before witnessing the Bullfighting so this will be a happy entry unlike the previous.


I suppose this is one of the more touristy walks the few of us made to date. We paid the flea market a visit, had lunch like the Spanish at a typical sidewalk eatery and beers at another one, set foot in Zaragoza’s Cathedrals, and finally ended the day with the Bullfighting.


In this city, the hustle bustle is similar to our PJ on weekdays, with the working class, university students, housewives, as well as the wanderlust people on the streets. Come Sunday, nobody works...I exaggerate but it says a lot when outlets such as Carrefour close on Sunday, I mean it ACTUALLY opens only HALF day and closes on Sunday! Tis a blasphemy in Malaysia and Asia in fact but here in Spain, Sunday, the day of Worship and of God, screw the capitalism! Give us our freedom and joy of life anytime!


Well, that’s exactly what I admire, respect and would like to achieve; A Balanced Life. You would be hard-pressed to actually find many Asians to lead that kind of lifestyle. It is unfortunate to know that so many placed absolute pride within their occupations as if it is the only identity and achievement they are capable to relate to in their lives, and that there is nothing else meaningful outside the working environment. It’s a shame and realizing as such, I strive for a meaningful life while maintaining balance between what I’ll do for a living and what I’ll do for leisure, and amongst other things, time for family and loved ones.


Haha! I digressed. And while I journey on to achieve what I desire to, I share some of the visuals caught on camera on this wonderful Sunday, beautiful Sunday. Let the session begin then…




Sights & Sounds




Walkers

Asians on a Sunday morning in Spain


Photo Sessions

I shoot you shoot me


Harley Dave

Just classy


Urban Parks

Something I cannot stress enough my liking for them


Ladies

The statuettes and their perpetual conversation


Familiar Pedestrians

Hey, I think I know them!


Thumbs Up

For the delicious burger and chocolate milk


Sunday Traffic

Non-Existent


Foreigner

A Japanese who walks everywhere with her luggage (serious!)


Statue

They are everywhere


Innocence

The one barrier between reality and children, once broken, they begin to lose it


Goya

An Aragonese Spanish painter and printmaker

“The subversive and subjective element in his art, as well as his bold handling of paint, provided a model for the work of later generations of artists, notably Manet and Picasso” - Wikipedia


Stout

Are the lions guarding this end of the bridge


Attention to Details

Even statue lions need balls


POTD Silence is Copper

Side by side, I also sat quietly and stared into the azure blue skies, silently pondering what is being pondered in the mind of this queer little copper fellow




And here we are again, the end of another one of those multi-pronged entries and the last one for this particular series. Yes, I do realize I left out photos of them Cathedrals and perhaps I shall post them up soon. However, I find myself capable of only posting the photos without much description when it comes to Cathedrals. Should it still be that way when time to post it up, then a photo entry it is then!

Until I have the pleasure to address you again, I bid you a good day or sweet dreams should it prove to be near bed time. Have a good one, be bold to dream and achieve all that your heart desires. Adios!



WaY

2 comments:

Stephers said...

I like the POTD! You should've taken off your cap, though! :P

Wen | Way said...

Steph: Why, thank you. Y'know, if i'd taken off the cap...you'd probably comment that I'd need a hair cut badly or to that effect, no? *ahem* Haha