Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Abode

My Dear Friends,


How have you been? I sincerely hope you are enjoying and always in celebration of life. Today, it is my honor to present to you the humble and messy abode of our s in Valdespartera, Zaragoza in Spain.


Before I proceed, I must admit that I did not least expect it to be what it turned out to be. In fact, I assumed it to be some dodgy and rundown apartment, usually and especially allotted for workers like ourselves. I was in full anticipation to arrive into an old, smell of smoke, barely any appliances functioning type of apartment. Everything else does not matter as long as the washroom is in a condition that is cleanable, I thought to myself to be optimistic. We all know that a clean mansion means nothing with filthy washrooms for the residents.


Lo and behold, a brand new apartment! Yes, that was the type of apartment I will be calling home for the coming months and boy was I glad. In stark contrast of the initial anticipation, it is brand spanking virgin new, odorless and all appliances worked flawlessly. Perhaps, the size was a little on the smaller side with two rooms and a living room cum kitchen. There are six of us and each of us took a space and guess where I sleep…the living room cum kitchen. The below are some pros and cons:



Pros:


  1. Convenient access to food especially supper
  2. Convenient access to load the laundry
  3. Has the most electricity outlets of the whole apartment
  4. Receives the first ray of light each morning
  5. This goes without saying – the largest surface area


All the pros sounds really cool for most but wait for the cons…


Cons:


  1. It is also the kitchen, so housemates cook in the area that you sleep and that means even when you are sleeping into the late mornings.
  2. It is where the washing machine is, so housemates do their laundry even when you are sleeping into the late mornings.
  3. Having the most electricity outlets also means apartment mates pop by to use them even when you are sleeping into the late mornings.
  4. OBVIOUSLY, receiving any ray of light each morning is too glaring when you are sleeping into the late mornings.
  5. Largest surface area naturally means more surface area to sweep and mop and theoretically, higher amount of dust being inhaled when you are awake and sleeping.


And now, I leave it to you to be the judge if the pros are cons or vice versa of my living quarters. All I want to mention is that, I’m very happy with where I stay and sleep and the wonderful and funky housemates make it even more so I must say. Now, without further ado…let me display a few photos of our humble and less-organized abode LaH!



Sights & Sounds




Cold View

Shot on one of the coldest days


Hanging Out

Oops, “national flag” alert!

Yes, we still did our laundry despite the weather.


Wet View

View when staring outside during rain


Kitchen

The one highest traffic area in the entire apartment other than the washroom


Cleanliness is second to Holiness

Your daily dosages of cleanliness, yours! Right in there!


The Head

The one I look at every morning


Boys’ Room

The space of housemates who install all the beautiful wallpapers in the Malaysian Pavilion


Of Juices and Ciggies

Health VS Health Hazard

Irony at its best


Kedai Runcit/Mamak

And you’d thought we’d miss Indo Mee Double back home? We have it right here yo! Hehe.


Ants Heaven

If I were an ant, I’d invite the colony to hold a fiesta right here right now


Pooh In A Bag

Nope. No significance in this apartment but perhaps to someone who holds it dear to the heart


Rear View

The other view from the other rooms


Drinks Next Door

No mamak would be complete without these


Home Sweet Home 1

Ladies & Gentlemen, I present you this and the following 3 photos of my living quarters


Home Sweet Home 2


Home Sweet Home 3


Home Sweet Home 4



POTD - Beyond the Towering Concrete

They SAY, a rainbow awaits after each storm. I say, pictures OR it did not happen. Enjoy!



Okay, so now you know how a typical apartment in Spain looks like. As a matter of fact, the apartments in the area we live in are actually low cost apartments. Buyers have to meet certain requirements before being able to purchase a unit. I was also made to understand that the target buyers are the low income group.


Nonetheless, I found this area nothing like low cost apartment areas back in home country. On the contrary, it bears similarity like apartments beside Carrefour Subang Jaya, only much less towering at 5 floors coupled with a more inviting surrounding space and parks.


That’s all for now and I look forward to having you around again so have fun and remember, Celebrate Life!



WaY

4 comments:

Stephers said...

Who's Pooh bear is that? :P

Wen | Way said...

Steph: Alas the question surfaces! And its not mine =)

bejewelled* said...

It should not be yours coz I have not seen it. Who is the owner of the Pooh?

Wen | Way said...

bejewelled: it SHOULD but is it, really? hahaha! Anyway, it is me housemates for the record.