Thursday, May 22, 2008

The REAL flea market

Hola people! Now that the 3 spronged entry has ended, allow me to start another multi-pronged one…hehe. Sorry lah, I have to break down one outing into many entries mar. Or else I’ll have to load up too many pictures at one go, run out of things to blog, and also to keep you coming back for more bit by bit mar…hehe.


Today, we went and began our lovely Sunday at a flea market. Before I begin the session on the flea market, the whole day was an absolute walkathon from 10am to 10 pm. Yeah, walked from sun rise to sun down up until after the bus ride back to the apartment sweet apartment.


To give you some insight, we walked around the city and into some amazing cathedrals and ultimately witnessed Bull Fighting, how about that for something genuinely Spanish? Well, catch all those in the upcoming entries. Now let’s roll the session on the flea market. Peel your eyes open because you ain’t seeing typical Malaysian flea markets here in Spain…



Sights & Sounds



Cattle Bells

Things that make cows go “ding ding dong dong” when they come home

(They should tie some of these to cats back home, so you’d know to poach and kill em’ when they flee into your garden to leave a stinking lump of poopoo as souvenir. Bastard cats.)


Antique Clocks

Turn back the olden times with these. Ya think?


Machine from The Past

Sew back the past times for bittersweet memories

(Inside joke for photographers: It’s a sewing Sigma! Haha!)


Grandpa Radio

Like they say, let the oldies play


Old Pocket Watches

The passage of time passes us by, but these passed through every second of it


Head Mistress

Told ya ALL head mistresses are scary, including this one


Dead Soldiers

Due to lack of funds, the Spanish government has commissioned the Association of Flea Marketeers to market these dead soldiers’ uniforms.

(NOT! Haha! Its either funny or creepy when my friend commented that these uniforms were from dead soldiers…hmm, go figure)


Cool Things

These are some of the cool stuff I found and that I may consider buying as collection/wall décor


Best Duo

Can’t you see that the two of the best things in the world are side by side…hmm?


For me

A classic Minolta

(Info: Minolta camera division was bought over by Sony)


For me Dear

To create sinful temptations


Dear God

Would be what the Father of Laptops mutter upon his last breathe at the sight of this


Massive

And you’d thought that markets with such “merchandise” would be scarce of visitors?


POTD: Nostalgic

“They ask me how I knew,

my true love was true…”

How wonderfully nostalgic it is a couple dancing to that tune from this player from down the memory lane



So there you go! An account of a walk amongst the crowd into the Spanish flea market. A definite eye opener to the real deal or so I thought. Nonetheless, we called it a morning and walked on for lunch. Along the whole journey, I also managed to photograph some street shots just like how I desired since day one in Spain and I’d like to share it soon. But before that, remember to tune back in for Sights & Sounds of Cathedrals and….the Bull Fight! They say, good things come to those who wait…very patiently, hehe.


Till I see you again, drink lots of water and consume your vitamin C as it is hot and humid over there in Malaysia. Take care LaH!!



WaY

6 comments:

Stephers said...

Wow, kettle bells to me mean a whole other thing (read: exercise + pain). Haha. Bastatrd cats! I so know what you're talking abt! ;P

Hmm...the dead soldiers' uniforms do send an air of eeriness and I sure as hell don't want a pair! Don't buy these kinda things for souvenir, yah? But the JD + Coke wall decors are SO you lah! :p

Wen | Way said...

Steph: Haha, I've seen how the exercise kettle bells look like...and I think those would be nice to hold the bastard cats down while flicking their buttholes. Hee Hee

Eh, get you one of those soldier uniforms lar..macho ma! Hahaha!

No, JD + Coke not for me mmkayy...I only drink full cream milk =)

Wen | Way said...

Way: Haha, the fondue set! Yes, no doubts that's for me.

Stephers said...

Oh, dear God. Don't buy me the uniform. I'll get nightmares!!

Btw, the KB + bastard cats is a BRILLIANT idea!! :)

Dee said...

I can't quite bring myself to flick the butthole of those bastard cats simply because my finger will stink badly after that.

Funny how the cats in my hostel don't leave any smelly trails of their poo in the compound...

Wen | Way said...

Steph: Btw, I spelt kettle instead of cattle initially...can u imagine KETTLEs having bells? lol !

Dee: If ya fancy, use a whip. Once on target and they'll never have to shit for a loooooooooooooong time or ever! BaH !
I cannot believe it, kiasuism hits anything and everything over there! Which means there should be more pussy crap on your side..haha!