Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Succumbing to an Advertisement

Yesterday, I read the papers as usual. What was unusual was that my curiosity and taste buds succumbed to an advertisement, which ran for a good few days. It was just a newspaper quality colored Starbucks advertisement promoting their latest ice blended – The Dark Berry Mocha Frappucino, yet I succumbed to it. So how? Go and try it only lor.

Yesternight, I walked pass the equally tall bunting with the same advertisement calling out to me. I felt the force and doubled my pace into the shop then placed an order for the said beverage, although only half convinced that it will live up to my expectations for the bang for all the bucks. And what do you know? They’re giving away a free muffin too! With another one purchased, that is. So, total damage was more than initially anticipated. It was dear Saw Wen’s treat but still…more than initially anticipated. And now, more than ever…the stakes were running high. Was it good? Was it really really good?


Does this photo tell you the answer?



Not Really huh?


I guess the one has to learn how to express “OMG!! SO HUMPINGLY YUMMYLICIOUS!! I CAN’T BELIEVE MY OWN FREAKING TASTE BUDS!!~” a little bit better huh?

Anyway, yes it is one of the better ice blended that I have tasted thus far. Still have doubts? Then I only have this final less-than-stellar photo of it to erase any remaining shred of doubts in you.



*Maybe the photo is creating the opposite effect eh?*


As a conclusion, refrain from reading the papers if you do not want to contribute to Starbucks’ bottomline and remotely possibly indirectly get more people to do the same. This is especially true if you’re far from being paid handsomely to write something like that.

**********


WaY

2 comments:

~_~ said...

u guys should go to "chocolate" either in bangsar village on one utama (new wing)and order their Fair Lady Frappe (milk type). Dem good drink if u guys are chocolate fanatics!

ps: their dark chocolate drink is awesome too!

Wen | Way said...

Sure thing! Thanks for the heads up. However, if it sux...*cekik*