Friday, February 19, 2010

Taiwan Day 4 : Part 2 (Finale)

The morning in Taipei was especially cold and in a way, reminded me of how little time I have left in Taiwan. Somehow, sights like below always makes me stop and think of life a bit.



I spent my last day in Taiwan visiting Taroko National Park. Early morning, a taxi ride, frantic search for the entire party, a train ride and in a van later, we arrived here.




We went snooping about the place before arriving at the Taroko Gorge.


There was a bridge that is home to these little marble lions. This is the funniest/cutest.


  

Soon after, we were brought upon the mighty Gorge of Taroko where the rivers flow with lime stones in it. So erosive the lime stones that there are no fishes found in the rivers. However, it has abundant of marble and jades are found here too. We had to wear safety helmets during the walk through the Tunnel of Nine Turns as rocks still fall from the top of the mountain.




Lime stone river.



I feel so small each time I gaze upon the tall and mighty nature.


 

We camwhore no matter where we go!



Everyone does!




This is another amazing formation of the landscape due to erosion.


 


And so, that wraps up my journey in Taiwan. What an amazing place, with friendly people and tasty food to boot...it is one of those places I'd like to revisit.


DwaY

1 comment:

stephers said...

Taroko looks awesome!! Too bad I didn't have time to visit though I wanted to.

Thanks for letting me experience it through your pictures. :)