Sunday, April 27, 2008

"Good" Customer Service

I am a Maxis post paid user and I have always been happy with their services up till yesterday (or should I say this early morning). After all, I made the call at 12 plus am. I called 123 from my mobile to find out how much would a sms cost for a Maxis user who is currently in Spain. I mean, I wouldn't want to be all surprised when I finally got the bill. Ok, some girl picked up my call and I told her exactly what I needed to find out and guess what she told me? "I am not sure of the charges for a sms from Spain. I cannot find it from the list." I told her if you don't know, then who does? I am after all calling the customer service number for Maxis. She continued to say "You will know when your bill comes". I told her by the time the bill comes, it would have done all the damage and way too late. Deep down inside, I was thinking WTF! I had to even tell her to check with her superior. Well, someone has to know, right? She put me on hold to listen to some Maxis ad and came back to tell me it will cost around 50cents Euros plus some service tax. Around 50 cents Euros??? What is that supposed to mean? I concluded that it will cost more than RM 1.50 plus the service tax that she mentioned.

Well, their vision being "To Be A Regional Communications Leader of Choice". Still a long way huh? Funny thing was I actually received a sms from Maxis after that to find out Yes or No on whether my enquiry was answered. I am sure you know whether I actually replied the sms.

Wen

2 comments:

Stephers said...

If I'm not mistaken, the cost of an international msg from Msia is only RM0.20. However, if you're on International roaming, you will have to pay the charges of the service provider from that country, e.g., Vodafone or BT, etc. It'll definitely cost >RM1.

So you'll pay RM0.20 and De Way'll have to pay more as long as he continues to use the Maxis no.

~_~ said...

it sucks!