Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Departure and Arrival

Flight to Spain tonight.

The anticipation after those rushed packing ends.

A blank mind and a restless physique.

This is how it feels like leaving everything behind for a brighter future out there.


Of course family, friends and the girlfriend was present.

Exchanged hugs and kisses and heavy heartedly, farewells.

Down the escalator, towards the check point.

Everything and everyone Malaysian out of sight from then on.


Expo mate 1 to 4, Steve and me.

4 total strangers to become apartment mates in 16 hours.

Airport, another airport, subway then train station.

Calle La prima Angelica, home sweet home for 5 months.


Spanking new place with bare necessities and my luggages.

I think I could live with just that, I think.

Bread, ham, lettuce, water and fruits.

I believe I could live on only those, I believe.


Sights and Sounds

Subway Accordionist
This fellow had the mother of guts to ask for a buck from us, without even playing the damn accordion anywhere near us. I say that is a FAIL!


The group @ Madrid Train Station
The train station seems generic and we were mostly tired from walking up and down of at least 10 flights of staircases just to get our backsides here. Btw, in one of those luggages, lies almost RM10k worth of equipment in there...go figure.


The Bullet Train
If you can't see clearly, its travelling @ 264kph and goes all the way up to 300 (SPARTAAAAA!!!! ok, lame). Anyway, that's how we arrived in Zaragoza in 1.5 hours LaH...real swift. I likey!


Vista
This photo does no justice to the view. Wish you were here to admire it with me.


Tourist Haven

Not quite! Our destination was located beyond the map available, as it was a brand new area. The best the lady could do was circling her finger in the air below the map (Kindly insert a facepalm emoticon). As a host state to the World Expo and no updated maps with the place where most foreign expo personnel will live at? I say that is a FAIL !


Familiarity
Boy was it my first time glad to see a Car-Four/Curry-Fu(Lat)/Care-For-U (I'll never get it right ever!). Anyway, I could queue up all day long in there because the cashiers are mostly muchachas bonitas if you get my drift *wink*


B-Boys
Rare sight! Imagine your parents having a nice cuppa afternoon tea and you practising/performing breakdance moves, can you? The only thing I can imagine is my beloved mom who cares a lot about me, screaming at me for giving her laundry headache and yelling at me for embarassing the family name with weird stuff like that in the streets. Spanish kids are SO fortunate.


Old Friends
This was heartwarming. I'd like to grow old knowing that there will still be a soul mate to hang out with me in a park of some sort in the evenings. By the way, both the photos above were taken from the same spot as the Carrefour photo. I like how they have cafes, benches and plenty of greens located beside the mainroads.


Anticipation

This was my pick for photo of the day. This old lady was awaiting for her grandchild to arrive to be homebound hand-in-hand. Yet another little heartwarming episode all from the same photographing spot.


I think I'm in love with Spain already.


Way

3 comments:

Stephers said...

Hey, De Way. I LURVE the pics!! And I lurve seeing Spain through your Sony lens! :P

Keep 'em coming! :)

Wen | Way said...

Hello Steph,

Firstly, tq for the kind words. Such extreme contrast from the first comment..eh? LoL

~_~ said...

Wait till your mom hangs out with your bunch of mentally insane friends!...she'll freak out to the max!

DW, damn lanci with your SOny!