Saturday, January 22, 2011

Soaking up the Thaipusam atmosphere

Being a Malaysian, I suddenly felt compelled to at least witness one of the largest festival celebrations in the country. The truth is I kind of regretted it, I regretted not having this level of curiosity to witness it for myself earlier. Also, I would have been able to see so much more if I reached earlier to enter into Batu Caves, which I heard there are many things going on in there that is worth my while. I may have needed to sacrifice some sleep and endure the journey to Batu Caves standing for an hour in the KTM but I found it satisfying that I finally saw the event with my own eyes.




The overwhelming crowd
 



Captivated by its silent angelic might




Offering of prayers



 Let there be Light




The Gods above us




Offering hands




Staring devotee




Such bright colors




Stream of People



In Trance




Devotees with their offerings




The symbol of Thaipusam - The Kavadi



Next year, I shall return to experience what goes on inside Batu Caves.


2 comments:

Jason Ting said...

First off all nice pictures.

Ok sets. Next year I will be the Digi Yellow man and follow you. Haha.

Wen | Way said...

Ting: TQ! Till next year comes, I'm gonna visit it without the crowd one of these days to recce the place since its so convenient...hehe.