Sunday, January 10, 2010

Taiwan Day 2: Part 1

After an enriching breakfast, we made way to the jetty for the boat ride. Before I continue about the eye opening boat ride, I must mention my liking for breakfast spreads in Taiwan hotels as they are genuinely of good quality...simple, but good quality.



This was where we set foot onto the boat meant for ferrying visitors. We were fortunate to have good weather that morning.



Someone is enjoying the boat ride for sure.



Shortly moving above the calm waters, we were lead on to one of these platforms. The river we traveled upon hid strings and strings of clams/oysters in the underwater farm, and this platform is where workers extract the meat.



A worker hard at work. I sensed the relaxing working atmosphere they had while they chatted and took meal breaks during work. It was a very serene sight.



Our dear skipper for the day.
Later, he performed a skill very little of us would witness in our lifetime. I was glad to have seen it in person.



Do not let this wooden shack fool you. Upon it stands the very equipment for us to have a peek at the migratory birds at this corner of Tainan.
But this wooden shack itself, stands out amidst the calm waters don't you think?



Bird peepers.



Some of the migratory birds available at the area.



The landscape at the river side was so picturesque!
This was one side of the modern Taiwan that I did not know of but am glad I saw it personally now.



Of course I had my fair share of I-Spy-With-My-Eye moments.



A random shot of our Taiwanese friend while everybody was listening intently to the tour guide giving descriptions of the attractions.



From what I gathered from the tour guide, this is a platform to catch sea creatures the conventional way and fisherman would spend some time in the sheltered area awaiting the prime time to raise the net like the image below.



This was also really eye opening but nothing like the following image.



Have you ever seen a fisherman spreading a fishing net proper? I have!



That were the highlights of the entire boat trip and it was excellent. It really is a unique experience to have local friends as tour guides. Here is the shot of the group we took the boat ride with. Such happy faces.

Next up, we went for a proper Taiwanese lunch of street food.
I still salivate at the thought of it, hehehe. Till then, stay tuned!



DwaY

4 comments:

stephers said...

Now I see what you mean abt them blue skies...:)

Wen | Way said...

Steph: Oh yea...I'm addicted to blue skies and always on the look out for them ;-)

Jason Ting said...

I have to agree with you on the taiwanese breakfast buffet spread. Lived on it for many weeks.

Nice pictures dude. Keep em coming.

Wen | Way said...

Jason: Yalo, I should've photographed the one at Taichung...fantastic stuff and there's Tiramisu to boot! Hehehe..you also must go shoot when you working overseas la so you can share mar.. =)