Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bon Odori

Knowing that some friends were attending the festival, I also decided to celebrate it together with the Japanese at the Bon Odori. According to Wikipedia, Obon (お盆?) or just Bon (?) is a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the departed (deceased) spirits of one's ancestors. This is much contrary to what I thought Bon Odori was when I was there as a little boy.

Managed to capture some shots of them Japanese and the festival, so enjoy!


Girl with fan


Little Japanese Girl


Big Japanese Man


Little Japanese Boy (Why do they look girllish?)



Japanese Family



 Say: Konica! 



 Many Japanese Teenage Girls



Them girls dancing

Them girls dancing into the night



Japanese Girl looking at fan



 Japanese girl looked at me!

3 comments:

Jason Ting said...

Basket. Never ajak one. Wassup man? My camera got some spider webs already man

stephers said...

@DWay: I see the highlight was the Jap girl looking at you! :)

@Jason: Faham-fahma lah...wtf.

Wen | Way said...

JT: Apologies! It was a last minute thing for me too. Will check with you next time yah! Hehe

SG: yeah kinda! One of the better catches for the night ;-)