Sunday, July 6, 2008

Spanish Splendour : Expo Zaragoza 2008

After much anticipation from booking the air ticket and getting my leaves approved by my boss, I finally got myself in Spain to visit De Way who was in Zaragoza. On my second day in Zaragoza, I visited the Expo Zaragoza 2008 and we spend 3 days in the expo to look look see see. We will let the pictures do more of the talking.
Me with the alphabet man
De Way and I at the Expo site. Background on the left are where the countries pavillion are located.
While having lunch, we saw this girl trying to spike up this man's hair. He on the other hand was doing otherwise.
Holland and Hungary Pavillion
Belgium Pavillion. I love the gold front of the pavillion plus they were giving out free Belgian biscuits. Yummm.
De Way and all the atomic models Belgium is famous for.
Close up in a different angle.
Spanish flag and cable cars at the back.
Kazakhstan Pavillion. I love this backdrop too.
De Way in winter wonderland. Artificial snow specially created.
Me in some hut.
We took picture of these people taking their own picture. Check out the gals!
Branches made into a wall. De Way was saying he saw containers of branches being tranported to make this.
Seeing red.
Isn't there a resemblance in the two?

Raining in some pavillion. There were people playing water in it.
Infrared image of De Way on the screen.
The color of the wall blends in well with De Way's T.
We were watching a slide show presentation on the floor. Cool stuff.
Fluvi, the mascot for Expo Zaragoza 2008. Looks like E.T. I know.
Some bling bling.


De Way being loud with all that noise.
Another face of the Expo.
Feeling : Love
Feeling : Cock Eye
More shots of the Expo.
Hanging screens.
This is the umbrella place that you have seen in De Way's earlier entry.
The eye of the fly.

Inside the bubble building.
An evening shot.
Us.
This was some cool projector where there were censors. When you move, you create the ripple effect because the censor detects the movement.
The 60's mode.



I got excited seeing all these calories.

You and me.
German Pavillion which we took an hour to queue to get in.

See how it says 60 minutes more.
Creativity of the German Pavillion. I would say the wait was ok.
Sinks.
The following 3 pictures actually shows how the Earth was, presently and how it is predicted to be in the future.


OUR Pavillion. De Way's workplace.

Spanish Pavillion which I missed coz of the long queue.


Next up will be the highlight of my visit to Expo Zaragoza 2008 - Cirque Du Soleil (Circus of the Sun). Stay tuned!

Wen












3 comments:

Stephers said...

The pavillions look FANTASTIC!!! But why does ours say 'Malasia'??

Wen | Way said...

Steph: Malasia is Malaysia in Spanish...weird I know!

Wen

Janefen said...

The pics you posted during your trip in Spain were awesome! so colourful and artistic. It must be a great experience to be there huh?